The mission of Shadeville Elementary is to ensure that every student by the end of fifth grade:
· Reads and comprehends meaning from a variety of literature and non-fiction materials.
· Writes clear, concise narrative, and expository compositions, as well as, be able to write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information.
· Analyzes text and multi-media presentations and is able to respond and give examples to support their answers from the text or multi-media materials.
· Solves and explains multi-step real world math problems.
· Utilizes educational technology as a tool for research, word processing, skills practice, and for audio-visual presentations.
· Demonstrates positive, healthy character traits
· Defines a problem, uses appropriate reference materials to support scientific understanding, plans and carries out scientific investigations in Earth,